Some folks hate the “On This Day” feature of Facebook. Personally, I kind of like it. It’s interesting to see how little life seems to change year to year…or how much change can happen over 5 years.
On today’s look back from “On This Day”, I came across this post from December 28, 2015. It was about our dog, Bamboo (Boo for short).
She’s got a skin condition called sebaceous adenitis. It’s primarily cosmetic, but can lead to skin infections, which means she’s on medication AND we give her a weekly baby oil bath (the process takes about 2.5 hours). She does not enjoy this process.
Through it all, she has remained a friendly, goofy, loving, trusting, stubborn, impish, challenging, fuzzy goofball.
Boo’s rules for a happy life:
- Nap when you get sleepy
- If someone is in your spot, stare at them until they move
- Smack your food dish until someone puts something in it (Or tells you to stop it…but only stop after the third threat)
- Be too cute for people to stay mad at you
- Snuggle with the people you love
- Play with your toys – especially when other people want to be too serious
- Walk away from people who annoy you
I think this post is going to stand as my resolutions for 2016 and beyond.
Boo is pretty smart for a dog.
Happy New Year, everyone!